What are „cookies”?
HTTP cookies, colloquially known as „cookies” are small pieces of alpha-numeric data stored on a user's computer while using particular websites. They do not contain and do not collect any personal data of a website user, nor may they be used to identify them - data stored in a web browser is completely anonymous. In particular cookies may be used to remember a customers profile at an online shop, the contents of their basket, to align the website contents to their individual needs, personalise the offer, compile history statistics, etc. They are also necessary for the correct functioning of websites requiring user authentication.
Cookies are used in order to:
- personalise website contents to a user's preferences and website use optimisation; in particular these files facilitate the identification of a website user's computer and display a website personalised to their individual needs,
- compile statistics, which may help to understand how website users actually use their websites in order to improve their structure and content,
- keep an internet user's session open (after logging in) so that the user does not have to type in their login name and password on every page of the website,
- deliver advertising contents personalised to the user's interests.
Which browser cookies are used by sportrebel.com?
- cookies „required” to store information regarding a user's shopping basket and to keep a user's session open for up to 1 hour,
- cookies allowing for the collection of information on the usage of this website, Google statistics.
Deleting web cookies.
By default, standard web browsing software allows for storage of cookies on the user's device. The website's users may, at any time, change their cookie settings. These settings may be changed, so that, for example, automatic cookies are disabled in the browser settings or so that the user is informed every time a cookie is stored on the website user's device. More detailed information on the methods and options for cookie support are available in the software (browser) settings.
Limiting cookie support may affect some functions available on the website.